Faculty Information Page
On behalf of Scripps Health, the Student Placements team welcomes you! Our goal is to provide students and faculty with meaningful, outcome-driven experiences. The information on this page provides an overview of the requirements for the rotation, instructor processes, and rotation information. Embedded within this page are hyperlinks that will open webpages, pertinent documents and information.
For questions, please contact us via email at StudentPlacements@ScrippsHealth.org. Our normal business hours are Monday – Friday from 8:00am to 4:00 pm PST.
Learn more about Scripps Health at http://www.scripps.org
Submit Placement Clearance Requirements in Complio
Per the affiliation agreement, clearance requirements must be completed prior to the start of the rotation. These requirements are due at least three weeks prior to the rotation start date. Scripps uses Complio to manage and track these requirements. Complio is an online compliance management system. All instructors are required to complete and submit all requirements in Complio. (Even if instructors will not be onsite with the students, or are Scripps Health employees, all instructors must complete all requirements in Complio).
Overview of Requirements*:
- â€¢ Successfully pass Background Check and Drug Screen (10 panel) from American Databank
- â€¢ Provide Professional License information (if applicable)
- â€¢ Provide evidence of certification in Basic Life Support** (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation) at the professional level through the American Heart Association
â€¢ Complete the following Scripps eCourses:
- â€¢ Culture of Safety Infection Prevention for Students and Faculty
- â€¢ Safety in the Workplace for Students and Faculty
- â€¢ Scripps Corporate Compliance Program for Students and Faculty
- â€¢ Nursing Students and Faculty Orientation (Nursing Students Only)
- â€¢ Respiratory Therapy Students and Faculty Orientation (Respiratory Therapy Students Only)
- â€¢ Immunizations: Provide evidence of immunity for Measles(Rubeola), Mumps and Rubella (MMR), Varicella (Chicken Pox), Tuberculosis (TB), Hepatitis B, Tetanus/Diphtheria Pertussis (TDap), and influenza (flu) immunization (starting in November of each year), and COVID-19 which includes the following information:
Measles, Mumps and Rubella (MMR): acceptable proof is any one of the following:
- â€¢ 2 doses of the MMR vaccine dated at least 28 days apart
- â€¢ Positive titers for Measles, Mumps and Rubella
- â€¢ Positive titers for Measles and Mumps and 1 dose of MMR vaccine
Varicella (Chicken Pox): acceptable proof is any one of the following:
- â€¢ 2 doses of the Varicella vaccine dated at least 28 days apart
- â€¢ Positive Varicella titer
- â€¢ Documentation by a healthcare provider of previous varicella/zoster disease as "proof of immunity"
Tuberculosis (TB) Screening: acceptable proof is any one of the following:
- â€¢ Negative annual PPD TB skin
- â€¢ Negative annual IGRA blood
- â€¢ If there is a known history of having a positive TB skin test or TB blood test, or are newly positive, submit proof of a negative (normal) chest x-ray AND Scripps TB Symptom Screening Questionnaire, in addition to the positive test. The Scripps TB Symptom Screening Questionnaire will expire annually.
Hepatitis B: acceptable proof includes one of the following:
- â€¢ Positive Hepatitis B titer
- â€¢ Hepatitis B 3 shot series. Note: Dose 1 and dose 2 of the initial and repeat series must be dated at least 28 days apart. Dose 2 and dose 3 of the initial and repeat series must be dated at least 4 months apart.
- â€¢ The Hepatitis B declination form: Hepatitis B Declination
Flu Vaccination or Declination with mask required (starting in November each year):
â€¢ Provide proof of influenza immunization
- â€¢ Flu stickers will be issued to the instructor to provide to the student(s)
â€¢ The flu sticker must be worn on the student's and instructorâ€™s Scripps badge
â€¢ Sign a declination form: Flu Declination
- â€¢ A mask must be worn while working in a patient care area
- â€¢ Masks are required through the end of flu season
- â€¢ Student Placements will update the Consortium discussion board with notice of end of flu season date
- â€¢ Sign a declination form: Flu Declination
- â€¢ Provide documentation of full vaccination status
- â€¢ No declination will be accepted at this time.
TDap Vaccination: Proof of immunization
- â€¢ Review and Sign Scripps Confidentiality and Non-Disclosure Agreement
- â€¢ Review and Sign HIPPA Acknowledgement HIPPA Brochure and HIPPA Acknowledgement
- â€¢ Review and Sign Social Media Agreement Social Media Agreement
- â€¢ Review the Scripps Health Dress Code
- â€¢ Review the Scripps Injury Protocol
- â€¢ Review and sign the Student Acknowledgement Form
- â€¢ Review and sign the Network Release of Liability Waiver form
*Requirements are subject to change.
New or Returning Nursing Instructors – Additional Requirements
Nursing instructors who have not attended a rotation at Scripps Health in 12 months are considered returning instructors.
All New and Returning Nursing Instructors who will be onsite with students must attend Mandatory Skills Validation and submit their certificate of completion in Complio. Please contact Student Placement to schedule a date for Skills Validation. This must be completed prior to the start of the placement.
These modules must be viewed prior to attending Skills Validation.
- â€¢Plump Pump Video
- â€¢Plum Pump Priming Video
- â€¢Restraints Video
- â€¢POCT Glucose Nova StatStrip-Hospital-Initial Video
Continuing Instructors – Additional Requirements
Nursing instructors who have had a placement at Scripps Health in the last 12 months attending rotations with students are required to maintain their requirements and provide updated documentation if requirements expire.
Nursing instructors must revalidate their glucometer point of care testing annually. If you need to revalidate this point of care testing, then please complete the below eCourse, and contact the unit manager the first day of the placement to be revalidated by the unit validator. Once the instructor Is signed off, access to the glucometer will be reactivated.
Student and Instructor Conduct:
- â€¢ Students and instructors must abide by the rules, regulations, policies, and procedures of both Scripps Health and your School. Failure to do so may result in termination of the educational experience.
- â€¢ Students and instructors must conduct themselves in a manner consistent with their responsibilities and scope of practice.
- â€¢ Students and instructors must respect and uphold the patient's rights, privacy and dignity.
- â€¢ Students must notify their instructor or preceptor and School immediately whenever they will be absent.
Scripps Corporate ID (CID):
Student Placements will request a CID for the student(s) and instructor after requirements are received and approved through Complio. The CID is a unique six-digit Scripps identifier that is used to grant computer and badge access.
For rotations that require specialized computer applications, the instructor will also receive login information for these applications from Student Placements via email; no additional training is required for these applications.
Epic is the electronic medical record used at Scripps. To receive access to Epic, students and instructors are required to complete Epic training videos. This training consists of several discipline specific videos. Student Placements will send the instructor or preceptor instructions on how to access the Epic training videos with the rest of your student access.
You will need to complete the electronic Epic Attestation Form on the same website as the videos once you have completed all the training videos for your role. Student Placements will receive a copy of your completed Epic Attestation Form to process your Epic access.
**NOTE: Epic access is not granted instantaneously, and Student Placements will email your instructor or preceptor once this access is processed.
Students and instructors are required to have Scripps badges for their rotations. The badge request form and instructions will be sent from Student Placements via email to your instructor or preceptor in your access email prior to the start of your placement.
Badge forms must be printed and signed, then taken to Security at any of the Scripps hospital locations to receive a badge. Badges must be obtained before or first thing on your first day onsite.
Department Orientation and the Student Orientation Checklist (SOC)
During the first week of the rotation, the instructor or Scripps preceptor will complete a department orientation with the students using the SOC.
â€¢ The SOC form is sent to the instructor or preceptor by Student Placements via the student access email prior to the start of the rotation.
- â€¢ Per the affiliation agreement, it is the school's responsibility to ensure the SOC is completed and submitted by the instructor or preceptor. Please see additional details below.
- â€¢ For primary placements*, the SOC must be completed by the instructor and uploaded to the Consortium placement request page by the school administrator no later than two weeks after the start of the rotation.
- â€¢ For precepted placements**, the SOC must be completed by the preceptor and emailed to Student Placements no later than two weeks after the start of the rotation.
- â€¢ *Primary placements refer to placements of students with their instructor on site.
- â€¢ **Preceptorships refer to placements of students with a Scripps preceptor on site.
Link to form: Student Orientation Checklist
Up to date parking information can be viewed by clicking on a site link below: