Student Placements Clinical Instructor Requirements
Click blue text for links to information, forms and eCourses. Where indicated, submit requirements via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Background Check, Drug Screen, Immunizations, Vaccinations, and TB Screening:
The instructor’s school will maintain background check, drug screen, immunizations, vaccinations, and TB screening documentation. These documents must be available to Scripps Health for review at any time. It is the instructor’s responsibility to review the requirements below and ensure the school has the correct documentation on file at all times.
a. Measles, mumps, and chicken pox
b. Hepatitis B (declination form accepted)
c. Tetanus and Diptheria Pertussis
• Flu vaccination (proof of current year vaccination or declination form):
d. Review the 2017-2018 Flu Vaccination Requirements for Students and Faculty
• Tuberculosis screening:
e. Negative TB reactors: Mantoux (PPD) TB skin test or TB blood test with negative result within 12 months of beginning clinical experience
Skills validation is completed at Scripps Patient Care Provider Orientation (PCPO). It is held at Scripps Memorial Hospital, La Jolla and is two hours. An instructor badge is required for attendance. To schedule PCPO and receive a badge, send an email with the following information:
• First and last name:
• Last four digits of SSN:
• Date of birth MM/DD/YYYY:
• School name:
• Clinical rotation start date:
• Clinical rotation site:
• Do you have a Scripps corporate id? If yes, what is the number?
• Preferred email for us to contact you:
Review Scripps Confidentiality and Nondisclosure Agreement then submit via email.
Review Student Injury Protocol for Instructors.
Review and submit proof of completion (please take a screenshot or print the certificate of completion at the end of each eCourse) via email.
• 2018 Scripps Corporate Compliance Program
• 2018 Culture of Safety Infection Prevention for Clinical Staff
• 2018 Safety in the Workplace for Faculty and Students
• Nursing Faculty and Student Orientation – (RN Faculty Only)
• Respiratory Care Practitioner Instructor and Student Orientation – (RCP Faculty Only)
Proof of completion not required, but instructor is responsible for knowing the content.
- • Centricity EMR Scheduled Med Documentation
- • Centricity EMR Assessment - IV
- • Centricity EMR Assessment - Pain
- • Centricity EMR Basic Concepts
- • Centricity EMR Creating a Patient List (Hotlist)
- • Centricity EMR Intake Output
- • Centricity EMR Med Doc Return Waste Error Override down-time
- • Centricity EMR Medication Doc for IV Fluids & IV Medication Titration
- • Centricity EMR Medication Documentation Chart Words and eMAR Review
- • Centricity EMR Medication Documentation for Medication Patches and Immunization
- • Centricity EMR Medication Documentation for PRN Meds
- • Centricity EMR Medication Documentation for Subcutaneous Insulin
- • Centricity EMR Vital Signs Pain Screening Health Weight Activity Record
Once requirements are met, an email will be sent with Epic eLearning information.
Access is requested once requirements are met. An access email with Scripps login information will be sent approximately one week prior to the clinical rotation start date.
- Student name(s) must be listed in the Student Name(s) section of the request. Names do not need to be entered in the initial request; however, names must be entered no later than three weeks prior to the start of the rotation.
- If a placement is a rollover from the previous year, please remember to check that the contact information listed in the bottom portion of the request is up to date and accurate.
- Be sure that all of the placement details are correct. The start and end dates in the consortium should reflect the time period in which the students will be at Scripps, not the duration of the class they are enrolled in. The start date listed should be the clinical start date.
- Scripps employees that are also students must complete all student requirements including background check and drug screen.
On the last day of your rotation, please complete the exit survey below. We value your feedback regarding your educational experience.